05 January 2007

Obituaries

The obituaries are starting to appear.

She's listed on the Stuhr funeral home website and the Charleston Post & Courier, so far.

And, also here:
S, E Entered into eternal rest on December 31, 2006 in Virginia, E R T S, wife of W R S, Jr. Residence, Newport News, VA. Relatives and friends of Mr. and Mrs. W S, Jr. are invited to attend the funeral services of the latter in Old St. Andrews Episcopal Church, Monday, January 8, 2007 at Ten O'clock. Interment, Beaufort National Cemetery, Monday at One O'clock. Friends may call at J. HENRY STUHR, INC.,WEST ASHLEY CHAPEL, Sunday from Five until Seven O'clock. E was born in Summerville, SC, May 2, 1967, the daughter of A Tyler. She received undergraduate and graduate degrees from the College of Charleston. E was a supportive military wife and actively involved in support roles for our Armed Forces. Surviving are her mother of Charleston, SC; her husband of Newport News, VA.; 2 daughters, K N Y and M C S both of Newport News, VA.; son, T R S of Newport News, VA. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, 69 Barre Street, Charleston, SC 29401. Visit our guestbook at www.charleston.net/deaths.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That had to be very difficult to write-thank you for sharing the information with us. So sorry for your loss (and ours) Continued prayers for your and all family members' healing.

Anonymous said...

I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers, especially this weekend. I'm sure the funeral will be beautiful. All of your readers will be sending you waves of strength and thoughts of love.

*mary*

Anonymous said...

Dear Reid and family, you are ever present in my daily thoughts and prayers. Though I am but a disembodied voice who didn't have the chance to meet you personally, am comforted by knowing that your wonderful beloved is free of pain and overwatches you day and night. I so wish I could attend, but I live several states away. I am with you in spirit. I was so deeply touched to learn that you decided to d print our condolences to include with her as she rests. I imagined the high solemn preparations of the pharohs for their final journey, I imagined the never ending bounty in heaven. I think most readers might silently protest to themselves that our words are not of such calibre, but that you thought enough of them is a great honor. I will do my best to simply accept.
With you tonight and always,
alexa kim